I just thought I’d do a quick update before class about some recent news in my life:
- Elizabeth is moving into her student residences today, and starting university on the 3rd September, doing a 2 year course in a culinary degree. She gets a chef’s uniform, has to work in the Uni restaurants and everything. After 2 years she can continue working towards a 4-year degree or go out into the big wide world.
- The twins are starting middle school this year – back to the bottom of the pile!
- The twins also both passed their second royal ballet exam (which is not easy by any means). If it was scored in the same way as AP scoring, with 3 being ‘pass’, Heather got a 5, Alice a 4.
- Kenneth got all A’s this last year at the Royal Grammar School – no small feat in the private British education system. He scored top in his class on many of his exams, and top 10 in his class on pretty much all the rest.
- My dad, showing he is completely insane, bought himself a title – he is now Lord H*dcr*ft – no joke. No land or power comes with the name – just the title. The family line it belonged to died out, and that apparently means you can auction the title off. (No, I don’t know if it now stays in our family after he dies, nor whether it would go to the eldest child (me) or the eldest male (Kenneth).) The title, if I remember correctly, is approx 700 years old. (I may be wrong.)
- In a further display of insanity, my dad bought four baby geese this week, for reasons I don’t know. They live in a little run in the back garden. Go figure.
- I got a Garmin satellite navigation system for my birthday! Yey. I am excited about it.
Oop. Class time. More later.